Sunday, May 12, 2013

Joyfully Exhausted

We are home! And have been for about two months. I can hardly believe that she is here and yet it seems like she always has been. Our girl is an absolute joy to have in our lives. It amazes me how much she has grown- literally and emotionally. She started out our time in the DRC a snuggly "newborn" and now she is a vibrant, happy, energetic pumpkin. We needed her and she needed us. We praise God daily for giving her to us.

Having 4 small kiddos at home is EXHAUSTING if I do say so. Especially since my hubby started a new job the very day I got home from the DRC. A job that often requires 14 hour days and some weekend hours. Yuck! It has been an adjustment to have 4 and to be a "single mom" most of the time to our four! Plus little miss has been waking up at night to eat. She had some catching up to do, and so we've been happy to meet her needs. But mama is TIRED. :) And so this post is entitled Joyfully Exhausted. Because I'm in love with her- in love with all of my kiddos. Blessed beyond measure. Home.

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So glad to see you blogging again!

About Me

I am a sinner who has been chosen by God and redeemed by the death and resurrection of his son Jesus. I am a full-time wife and mom, though I hope to someday return to my job as an SLP. I love photography, coffee, reading, and adoption. I hate to clean, but sometimes do it anyway!
Powered by Blogger.