Saturday, January 31, 2009

Organic Recommendations

I am not an "organic foods" person by any stretch of the imagination. I will occasionally buy some organic things to try, but at this point do not feel super convicted to change my diet. I do; however, like yummy food and to try new things. I have found (probably via Tricia or Serina) a couple of organic foods out there that are super yummy, my kids, hubby and I all love them and they are easy to cook. Definitely worth a try and worth buying again!

Amy's Organic Chunky Tomato Bisque 
Amy's Organic Lentil Soup (yes, my kids love it too!)
Annie's Shells and White Cheddar

Do you have any organic "must eats"? 

4 comments:

Tricia said...

I like that Tomato soup too.

The ones I can think of:

Grassfed beef (fits in the organic category, I think)

Free range eggs (only if I can buy it practically straight from the farm, otherwise I buy normal eggs from the store)

Trader Joe's wild blueberries-frozen (there are two kinds we buy, one is organic and one is pesticide-free, not certified organic--I just love how little and sweet they are)

That's all I can think of right now...it's early. :)

AFJ said...

Hi Amber!
I am a big fan of Annies Bunny Crackers--the whole wheat ones (in blue box), the white cheddar ones, and the graham cracker bunnies. I have found them for a good price at Super Target and sometimes Target will have the graham and cheddar varieties. These taste so good and are one of the few crackers I can find that do not have soy. I love anything Amy's makes as well--the bean and cheese pockets, and their pizzas are wonderful...too bad they are so expensive. Try the cheeseless pizza w/veggies and add your own mozzarella cheese. I like the flavor of this pizza (more vinegar-based or something)-=)

Anonymous said...

check out littleace.com it too has cute things homemade. mom

Anonymous said...

Hello stranger,
Just wanted to say "hi" and tell you we miss you guys! Hope all is well on the other side of the world and let us know how you are all doing!!!

Lots of Love,
Jes

About Me

I am a sinner who has been chosen by God and redeemed by the death and resurrection of his son Jesus. I am a full-time wife and mom, though I hope to someday return to my job as an SLP. I love photography, coffee, reading, and adoption. I hate to clean, but sometimes do it anyway!
Powered by Blogger.