Thursday, September 22, 2011

Is it YOU?

My heart is very heavy for Alex today. Many tears have flowed at the thought of this boy. You see, on his Reece's Rainbow page, it no longer says that Alex is facing transfer to an institution, it says that he has been transferred. In his country an institution typically refers to a mental institution, a place where children and adults from 5- 60 or older are placed. Until now Alex has been at the baby house orphanage- where he likely gets more attention and love and care. On his RR page it says that once Alex is transferred he will likely be bedridden for the remainder of his life. And now, he has been transferred. Now, there are exceptions, and I'm sure there are some nicer institutions, but I think chances of that are slim. Though I pray this is the case for him. 


Alex's need for a family is more urgent than ever. The need to raise funds and awareness is greater than ever. Is God asking you to do something radical? Is He asking you to donate more than you thought possible to his adoption fund so that his family can step forward? Are YOU his family? Have you been thinking and praying about adopting him? I believe with all of my heart that this little boy has a family out there. He is so special and so loved by many around the world. He just needs a family to come forward to rescue him from this life in an institution and to give him love, attention, support, and hope. I believe that God has great things planned for this little guy!


Claiming this verse for Alex:



Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


And I just read this absolutely perfect post for today:
http://thispoeticpresent.blogspot.com/2011/09/modern-day-psalm.html



Please consider helping Alex today! Don't forget to enter the giveaway in the previous post!

0 comments:

About Me

I am a sinner who has been chosen by God and redeemed by the death and resurrection of his son Jesus. I am a full-time wife and mom, though I hope to someday return to my job as an SLP. I love photography, coffee, reading, and adoption. I hate to clean, but sometimes do it anyway!
Powered by Blogger.