Sunday, May 20, 2012

Inching along...

This past week finally brought a little bit of resolution to some items in my last post. We finally got our orders. What that means in the military world is that we were finally able to schedule packers, shippers, plane tickets, date to check out of our rental home, carpet cleaning, shipping our car, etc. A LOT of plans were hinging on getting those orders. We had been hearing that a lot of people were not getting movers when they wanted them as this is an EXTREMELY busy season in this area. People were having to rearrange vacations/cancel vacations, delay moves, etc. Despite our late orders we were still able to get movers scheduled in a very timely manner. In fact, it was better than we expected. The bad news is that means that one of our shipments goes out this week and I am SOOOO not ready! We have one quick shipment where we will send the items that we need as soon as we arrive in Korea (yet we will be without them for the next month or two...figure that out!), one main shipment of the remainder of things we want to go to Korea, and one final shipment will go to a storage facility to remain here in the U.S. for the two years we are in Korea. It is a LOT of sorting as you can imagine. And I'm really good at avoiding tasks like this until the last minute....except it already is the last minute! Ahh!


We also heard a teeny bit from our agency. We got a bill for our daughter's passport which doesn't mean much of anything except that they are beginning the process to get her one. Still it is progress! We also heard that our care package to her finally got sent. Which means (fingers crossed) that when it arrives we should see a picture of her soon after they deliver it! 


Oh! And I almost forgot! We got our US immigration approval in the mail this week! I was SOOO thrilled! We'll have to reapply for this with our new info after we get to Korea, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem since we have this approval already. 

1 comments:

The Cameron's said...

I know what's it like to get those orders! I was celebrating with you when I read your post! I will be praying everything goes good with your move and stress free as possible. And that is awesome you know that they are preparing your daughters passport. One more step closer to having her in your arms!

About Me

I am a sinner who has been chosen by God and redeemed by the death and resurrection of his son Jesus. I am a full-time wife and mom, though I hope to someday return to my job as an SLP. I love photography, coffee, reading, and adoption. I hate to clean, but sometimes do it anyway!
Powered by Blogger.