Sunday, January 27, 2013

One step forward, two steps back

I was SOOOO hoping to be traveling to get our little princess this weekend...but no such luck. The embassy interview we THOUGHT we had, we were SUPPOSED to have had two weeks ago didn't happen. Why? I'm not really sure. What we do know is that it will happen this week if it didn't happen at the end of last week. I can't even tell you how disappointing it was, to think we were on the cusp of traveling, awaiting travel news any day, only to find out that we had taken steps backward! UGH! On top of that our sweet girl has an injured leg. Something happened where a nanny was holding her and fell. They were concerned about her leg being broken, and so we have a picture of her teeny body with a giant cast on from the doctor. She was brought a few days later for a checkup and xray and there was no break. Phew! She was supposed to have a follow up appointment this past Friday and we haven't heard anything about that yet. We are so so ready to have her in our arms. To be able to love on her and care for her in the way only a family can. To fatten up her skinny little legs and tiny frame. To see a smile on that face. Please join us in praying that everything will go smoothly from here on out. That her visa will be issued in RECORD time and that we can snuggle her in our arms SOON!!! 

0 comments:

About Me

I am a sinner who has been chosen by God and redeemed by the death and resurrection of his son Jesus. I am a full-time wife and mom, though I hope to someday return to my job as an SLP. I love photography, coffee, reading, and adoption. I hate to clean, but sometimes do it anyway!
Powered by Blogger.