Friday, January 25, 2008

There are UFOs...

All over my house!!! UFOs is the knitter/crafter term for Unfinished Objects, and MAN do I have a lot of them. I seem to have NO problem starting projects (definitely no problem BUYING the stuff to do the projects); however, I have a problem seeing the project through to the end. 

For example:
My perfect-fitting pair of socks...oh wait, I still need to knit one more sock!

Another unfinished sock...

That will never be finished. Check out how huge it is in comparison to my perfect-fitting sock! I need to rip it out but it hurts my heart too much!

A baby hat...for a baby that was born a while ago...

A mini-album about our Thanksgiving...what you see is all that is completed.


Not to mention the 4 picture frames that are awaiting prints to be selected and enlarged so they can be hung on the wall, the balls and balls of yarn for projects that I haven't even begun, and the 5-10 scrapbook pages that are sitting half done in my scrapbooking room! Sigh! 

Maybe I should cut myself off from starting a new project until I have finished some of these. 

Nah! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now off to a pottery class? Hope you get that one finished! I do however belive you need to STOP and finish the socks and hat...SOOOOOOOO cute!!! I will be waiting to see the finished products! Next week to soon? LOL
j

Anonymous said...

Amber,

Now it's becoming clear why we married each other. We are WAY too similar in too many ways! I also have at least 6 unfinished projects and approximately 7 books I've started but left unfinished. Hmmm, between the two of us that's a lot of unfinished projects. It's amazing we get anything done! I guess that's why we're a perfect match...we understand each other so well!

Mitch

Melissa said...

Just turn those single socks into a pair! I hope that hat wasn't for MY child....

Amber said...

No, not your child. Then it would be REALLY late! Not that her gift isn't super late anyways.....

christie said...

Ok, this is hilarious, I should have checked this out sooner, it gave me a good laugh! At least you start projects, I mostly just think about starting them and then take a nap instead.

About Me

I am a sinner who has been chosen by God and redeemed by the death and resurrection of his son Jesus. I am a full-time wife and mom, though I hope to someday return to my job as an SLP. I love photography, coffee, reading, and adoption. I hate to clean, but sometimes do it anyway!
Powered by Blogger.